Let the Packing Begin - PedalPushin Southwest 2023 - CycleBlaze

January 2, 2023

Let the Packing Begin

Began to amuse myself this afternoon by getting the boxes ready, taping over gouges, tearing off old luggage tags, and attempting to see if we can get one more flight out these cardboard boxes. 

Fortunately, we use boxes from u-haul that fit our folded trikes perfectly and better yet, Alaska Airlines has never questioned the boxes, the trikes, or the slightly over 50 pounds we shove in them.   And in retrospect, we have now flown various bikes, recumbents, and recumbent trikes 9 times over the years, and have been quite fortunate to never have any damage, never lost, or any of the stories we hear from other travelers in their journals. In fact now that I think of it, in all our years of traveling we have had only one incident where a bag went missing but was recovered a day later … deep in the heart of Africa, Uganda. 

Alaska Airlines sports friendly list … and ours fly free as we are Club 49 members
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow as the countdown continues, I will fold the trikes and stuff them in their boxes, ensure that nothing is banging around much, tape them shut securely knowing that they will be opened by TSA and then re-taped again. I even offered one time not to tape the top, let TSA take their peek, and re-tape them on the spot but was met by an unconvinced eye. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonWow, you’ve been to Uganda!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Larry MitchellTo Rachael AndersonBeautiful country and wonderful people. We were there helping to build a school.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago