Chief Ladiga Trail … Alabama - PedalPushin Southeast 2023 - CycleBlaze

February 24, 2023

Chief Ladiga Trail … Alabama

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today’s goal was simple … finish riding the Chief Ladiga Trail starting at the western terminus back to where we left off coming from the east yesterday. The ride went amazing well despite the heavy cloud cover and frequent perusals of the weather app indicated that we had until 1:00 to do so without rain. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

But, not quite as the rain came closer to 11:30 as we were nearing the turn around point at mile 22.  A little drizzle got stronger which then got stronger again until we had a gentle rain that was determined to simply get us wet enough to be cold but not quite drowned. 

I believe I have mentioned before, I don’t like riding in the rain but the knowledge that this was an out and back ride told me to simply keep going. The dry rental was simply at the other end of the trail. Fortunately the rain only lasted 30 minutes and we were able to dry off while riding. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

The race then became a “get back” before the next rain started so we pushed a little harder and rode a little faster and much to our delight we won!

The rain did start about 30 minutes later as we were driving further south and did last for about an hour so we will take this day as a win. 

The trail was much the same as yesterday, wide, paved, peaceful with railroad grades which makes for some nice riding. 

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 363 miles (584 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonFew things please me more than outracing the rain.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago