9/7/19 - Wrap up - Summer 2019 in the Pacific Northwest - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2019

9/7/19 - Wrap up

The end of another enjoyable bicycle tour. Visited old friends, made new friends, explored new places. And loved the weather. The Oregon State Parks all along the coast were outstanding. I would love to return to that area. 

Converting my bike to pedal assist/ebike prior to this tour made all the difference in the world. Since I have never been any good at climbing hills, even on a carbon road bike, I would not have undertaken such an adventure without it. What a great addition ebikes are for the cycling world. They open up so many more possibilities. I used the assist to maintain a comfortable cadence on hills, partially flatten the hills, counteract occasional headwinds, and keep from falling over on long slow climbs. Never did drain the battery on any given day, although if I had been going for speed, that may have been the outcome. After all, it’s cycle touring. No hurry. 

Total miles cycled = 1059

Campgrounds = 18

Warmshowers hosts = 17, some with multiple nights 

Lodging nights = 4

Now time to plan the next tour (or tours!)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Jeff ColerKim,
Jeff Coler here, your WS host from Rochester WA. Just want to mention how much I’ve enjoyed reading about your adventures. So glad everything went well, that you got to experience so much beauty along the way, and you met so many wonderful people (including Barb and I, lol). Take care!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kim DiorioHi Jeff - Nice to hear from you and thank you so much for following along. You and Barb were awesome hosts and it was great staying with you! Enjoy your future adventures and if you are ever in north Florida, please get in touch!
Kim
Reply to this comment
4 years ago