Rest day in Angamarca - "It keeps getting better" - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2022

Rest day in Angamarca

It just happened that we got to Angamarca during their annual town festival which goes for some 5 days. We were dreading it as music rehearsals went on jut outside our hostal starting at 8-830pm. We had gone to bed early so that we could avoid the early morning rituals that start at 430-5am with loud/live music band.

Madruga con banda
Heart 0 Comment 0
After sunrise.. slowly getting back to town
Heart 2 Comment 0
Thanks to early morning music, we got to see sunrise
Heart 2 Comment 0
Mateous dressed up for the procession
Heart 1 Comment 0

Since we couldn't change the situation we just decided to be part of it and take it all in. Especially the morning one was great as we got to get up and hike to the highest point in town way way before sunrise. Some warm, fruity alcoholic drink got shared around and everybody just swayed, danced to the music.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then the music bands, groups of dances got ready and lined up way outsiders the boundary of Angamarca. Then the street procession started and didn't stop for the next few hours.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Steve GrimesWait, so you just found this festival accidentally?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Warren JohnsonSuch beautiful photography and so well done. I wish I had been there.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Girish HemashettarYes this was very much a happy accident..it's just so colorful and goes on for a week or so..
Reply to this comment
1 year ago