Day 61 Still recuperating in Saratoga - Still 8 years old in my brain - CycleBlaze

July 11, 2023

Day 61 Still recuperating in Saratoga

since we’re in such a beautiful area of the country, we decided to do some exploring and give me a little more time to recuperate. First Henry went to the local dog park with Peter where he met a charming female Labradoodle named Charlie who is actually taller than him. He hasn’t had any significant socialization on this trip and he had a ball!!! And he chased balls! Happy dog. 

Afterwards, we drove to the Snowy Range area and took a short hike through alpine meadow. 

Heart 4 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWow, beautiful photo!
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Gorgeous views
Heart 4 Comment 0
Amazing rocks, quartzite I think.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Henry likes to eat snow.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Tansyaster
Heart 3 Comment 0
Some kind of alpine bluebell
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yellow Avalanche Lily
Heart 1 Comment 0
Spreading Flox
Heart 1 Comment 0
Gordon’s ivesia
Heart 1 Comment 0
The tree rings are so tight up here. Makes sense as they grow so slowly here.
Heart 2 Comment 0

For dinner we went to a very nice restaurant called Bella’s.  I had a great salad and a vegetarian pasta dish. I think Peter’s dish last night was better though. Henry couldn’t join us on the terrace as he didn’t meet the 20 pound limit. 

We went back to the dog park but unfortunately Charlie was just leaving. Sorry Henry. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Mike AylingAnd I bet that Henry is better behaved than a lot of sub 20 pound yappers!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Nancy HornikPoor Henry. At least ge had fun with his new playmate. Hopefully you are feeling somewhat better. Glad you havw extended your time off. How much farther do you have till home?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Susan WelchHi Sandy - I’m all caught up now!! Your ride continues to amaze and inspire me. I hope you’re feeling better,. Be careful with that!! The Colorado and Wyoming photos are beautiful…we loved Saratoga!

Best to Peter and Henry!!!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Sandy EarleTo Mike AylingHenry is, as the dog trainer says, a thinking dog. He’s not a dog whose sole purpose in life is to please his humans. But he’s generally good at restaurants if a dog doesn’t antagonize him. Hard to travel with a dog in the heat of summer! At least we were able to park in the shade right in front of the restaurant.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Sandy EarleTo Nancy HornikI’m not sure Nanners. Maybe 1500 miles if I go to the Oregon coast. But we’re thinking of going north from Missoula then west to Lummi.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago