Day 2 - Log Entry - Destination Lewes Delaware - On Patrol NJ - CycleBlaze

September 14, 2020

Day 2 - Log Entry - Destination Lewes Delaware

Updated 2:17 pm


Day 2 - Heading to the ferry in Cape May, but first stopping on Avalon Island for breakfast.  Avalon is a borough in Cape May CountyNew Jersey, on Seven Mile Island. As of the 2010 United States Census, the full-time borough population was 1,334,although it swells during the summer months.

Heart 2 Comment 0

The community is one of the most affluent communities along the Jersey Shore and is home to some of the most expensive real estate on the East Coast. In 2007.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Update 2:17 pm

Well, never stopped in Avalon but continued on to Stone Harbor for coffee and  bagel from Bread and Cheese in downtown.  Right choice.  Met another retired Coast Guard guy.  

I just picked up my coffee and bagel (with cream cheese) and a guy says to me “you retired Coast Guard.”  Mack, a 26-year veteran law enforcement  Chief Warrant Officer USCG.   Did most of his time down here.  He also had many more years in other law enforcement jobs which set him up for a great retirement life.  Cool dude. He told me a short story .... he was waiting in Guam for orders to an 82-foot patrol boat in Vietnam, and someone took his assignment.  He spent the next three years playing football for the Navy on Guam ....  can you believe that.  Love the USCG right.  Nice meeting Mack!

The ride to Stone Harbor, N. Wildwood and Cap e May was outstanding. A lot of clouds, but they cleared.  Many bridges to cross, traffic was very light so no biggie.  Hope you enjoy the images.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Coastal Grid amazing, hoes on forever!

Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Daniel SpanglerBeautiful! Did you make the campsite?!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 1
Daniel SpanglerLove this image man!!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 88 miles (142 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Tamora StumPizza looks yummy---bring me some home!!! Stay safe hubby. Love you!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Tamora StumHowdy Hubby, Hope you had a yummy breakfast!! Have fun on the Ferry. Love Wifey
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithCape May hotels were VERY unfriendly to cyclists, but we had a great time on the ferry. Enjoy!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Keith A. SpanglerOur overnights were so nice, great people. You know guys, I admirer you for doing such great Journals. It was a challenge learning how to find time to shot, pedal, write and edit. I tried to make quality, but it failed at times. I hope I corrected it all
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Tamora StumTamora, thank you for encouraging and supporting this tour! I am sorry I didn’t have more time to respond to these great comments.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago