Lazy Day in Ithaca - A Tour of 9 Digits - CycleBlaze

September 19, 2023

Lazy Day in Ithaca

Sore feet prevail

On the library wall
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today is a designated rest day for us. Ithaca is an interesting town; it has the vibe of a much larger city, at least in the downtown area. In our motley clothing, we kind of fit in. Normally we would like to explore the town fairly thoroughly on foot. 

However, Jim is having sore feet problems so we opted to not walk around as much as we might have otherwise. During our prep for this trip, we were concerned about my ability to hike, due to my needs-to-be-replaced arthritic hip. As it turns out, my hip is handling the walking and biking just fine but Jim’s feet have developed inflamed and cracked areas that are quite painful when he walks. It is fortunate, though, that cycling doesn’t seem to aggravate them. 

Morning was spent doing laundry and a trip to CVS to resupply a few things. We perused the “commons,” a section of downtown that is closed to cars. We had lunch in a Paris Baguette bakery which turns out is a rapidly-growing chain based in S. Korea. The food is actually very appealing to look at and quite good-tasting as well. 

This “surprised” fellow is across the street from Hotel Ithaca.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I liked this mural on a residence.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Nice to see
Heart 1 Comment 0

I had hoped for Ethiopian food tonight but the place was full and the wait was too long. So we made a reservation for tomorrow and walked a few blocks to Red’s. Great food; not so great service; it’s a good thing we were not in a hurry. 

Tomorrow is a day ride. The weather is predicted to be dry but colder, good cycling weather. We have a route planned out to see more waterfalls and do some short hikes. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0