A loop ride to Combret - Six weeks in Europe - CycleBlaze

June 12, 2023

A loop ride to Combret

Today we headed in an easterly direction to do a loop ride from Plaisance to Combret and back.  It totalled 51km but there was 900m/2800’ of climbing in that short distance.  If we thought yesterday had quiet roads today’s were even quieter with less than 10 cars all ride.  The climbs were not stupidly hard but you were going up and down all day.  Fortunately there was a great long downhill finish.  We passed through only a few small villages with not much going on so we couldn’t even have a coffee or lunch stop.  We did have a few sprinkles of rain near the finish but I didn’t even bother with my rain jacket.  We were lucky because there were thunderstorms all around us.  Once we finished we ate our packed lunches back at the ranch and the lovely handy man here offered us some of his homemade goulash that was delicious.  With such a late lunch Derek and I went shopping while Linda did laundry.  We are going to have a lazy evening of nibblies and wine.

Before breakfast this morning I wandered down to the river just to take a look. This is Curvalle across the River Rance a tributary of the Tarn.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I took a close up of the house built right into the stone wall. Apparently there is evidence of Troglodytes having lived in this village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I discovered these beautiful small orchids planted near the bridge over the Rance.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The orchids without my thumb in the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The map for today.the blue markings are the start and halfway points. It was a counterclockwise route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The same on Ride with GPS but also the profile
Heart 1 Comment 0
Saint Sernin
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching Combret
Heart 1 Comment 0
The fountain in the centre of Combret
Heart 0 Comment 0
The amazing farm countryside as we rode on the top of the ridge
Heart 1 Comment 0
St Christophe from on high
Heart 0 Comment 0
Passing through St Christophe, don’t blink you will miss it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the way back from our shopping adventure this is a view of Plaisance from a different angle.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 51 km (32 miles)
Total: 1,729 km (1,074 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Gail JohnsonWonderful photos!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago