2 weeks in Shenzhen - 5,000 years of history - CycleBlaze

2 weeks in Shenzhen

Shenzhen is already one of the richest cities in China. It's in the middle of the Pearl River Delta, which will overtake Tokyo to become the largest urban (metro) area in the world.

There are several Couch Surfing events and meetups every week. So I stayed two weeks.

I watched CCTV while being watched on CCTV
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fish tries to escape from Walmart
Heart 0 Comment 0
40 years ago, Shenzhen consisted of a few small villages scattered in a rural area. This is a gate of the old Nantou village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Tencent Towers are connected by sky bridges.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A park in Shenzhen CBD.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Foot powered sewing
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barber dressed like a surgeon. At night, he wears a headlamp.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After my $2.50 hair cut.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Andrea BrownOh man, you really caught a great expression on the barber's face.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Spinning top powered by a whip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Band practise in the park
Heart 1 Comment 0
Front to back: Imploded building (s), condemned buildings, buildings under construction and completed building.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The grey car was parked on the pedestrian crossing for at least 30 minutes, impeding the flow of traffic. The driver is standing next to it. He just hung around, killing time.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Drying my laundry at an abandoned subway entrance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
They sprayed for mosquitos a couple of times per week.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Window of the World theme park is one of the few tourist attractions in Shenzhen. The model of Manhattan must be at least 17 years old.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the evening, there was a show in the amphitheatre. The model of the Eiffel Tower looked really cheap with the advertising sign (s) on it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This cycleway ends with stairs. Things like this makes cycling in Shenzhen a nightmare.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0