Day 2 Living Forest, Nanimo: Rest Day - 2 For the Road - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2017

Day 2 Living Forest, Nanimo: Rest Day

July 5

A rest day. Yes, I know, we just got started, what are we doing having a rest day? We have camped at Living Forest before and love the ambience – beautiful views, a café with a deck and view to die for and places to walk or rent a kayak. So, when we were planning this leg of our trip we decided that two days here would be perfect and it was.

We started our day by sleeping in, then having coffee on the deck while charging up electronics, went for a short ride to purchase groceries for the day and then rented kayaks for the afternoon.

The kayak trip up the Nanaimo River was peaceful and relaxing. No white water here, just a slow easy trip up and back. On the way we saw a mother Loon with about 20 babies following along. It looked like a little Loon school to me. On the way back down we ran into them again and Jim managed to get a little video. We were trying really hard not to interfere by going wide around them but she got spooked by the kayaks and had those little guys moving!

The day ended with a yummy pasta dinner cooked on our camp stove and then ice cream cones at the café. A perfect ending to our little stay at Living Forest.

a gentle kayak ride was just the thing
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0