Two full days in Nice - It's late September and I really should be back on tour - CycleBlaze

October 5, 2018 to October 6, 2018

Two full days in Nice

Welcome to a big city.

We enjoyed our stay in Nice. It is an exciting place to be a tourist. Lots of neat things to do and see. Weather was great. The one disappointment was the lack of cycling infrastructure.  There is a  fabulous track along the ocean and you can ride up and down  the tramline - careful not to put a wheel in the track! Very little in the way of a  designed network but there are numerous bike rental stations.

We stayed in a an apartment in  the Cimiez neighbourhood in Nice.  It was right across from a school and had a balcony overlooking the school yard. Pat enjoyed the background hum of the children playing.  It was also very interesting to watch the parents' backpacks and purses being checked before they could enter the school grounds to pick up their children.   We found the location perfect. Just outside the major tourist zone but close enough to walk to the beach and great transit a block away.

Lots of information about Nice and as I have nothing more valuable to add, I will just include some of the pictures.

Fresh baguettes. yum.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Water park Fontaine des Tritons in Nice. This lttle guy was part of a twin package that were so cute playing in the water.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I just knew that Pat could walk on water.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Love the postal vehicles in urban France! Also like how the helmets are optional, but hanging off the back just in case. The french chapeau is way cooler.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cute couple thanks to a talented photographer who was too frightened of heights to join her friends at the fence. She was only too happy to assist with our request.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Nice at its best. Very pretty city from up here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another shot.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Sunset from our apartment balcony.
Heart 2 Comment 1
For my volleyball team members. They truck in sand to build these courts. What a great place to play.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There is not what I would call a huge military presence in Nice but they are visible from time to time. Not surprising as there was a significant terrorist attack on this boardwalk just two years ago.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sculpture at the busy Nice airport.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Historic Le Negresco Hotel on the water front.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice Cathedral finished in the late 1600's.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We saw a line up of people ordering some food. Reasoned it must be good so we joined the line. Most were ordering this hot out of the oven flat bready dish called socca. It was good with a couple of beers and a ring side table.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We will be taking this ferry to Corsica tommorrow.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 26 km (16 miles)
Total: 455 km (283 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0