A day in Porto - It's late September and I really should be back on tour - CycleBlaze

October 16, 2018

A day in Porto

rain delay

Stayed in bed all mornin' just to pass the time 
There's somethin' wrong here, there can be no denyin' 
Carole King

It's raining in Porto. It was nice to lay in bed until well past 11:00am. It is comfortable and we have a view over the Golfe de Porto. Pretty fine place for a rainy day.

We spent the morning scheming, planning and writing. In the afternoon the clouds lightened and the sun came out. We grabbed some lunch and explored the port. Lots of buses come down here full of older couples. They unload for lunch, perhaps a stroll or a boat cruise to see the local area from the water, load up and head off to the next stop.  With the number of hotel rooms around, this place must hop during the summer. 

We enjoyed a short hike up to the Genoese tower, a walk around the eucalyptus forest and a late afternoon sit and swim at the beach. Dinner at a restaurant of seafood pasta and salad. it was a restful day. Hoping for the sun tomorrow. Here are few pictures.

View of Golfe de Porto from our balcony.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Pat climbing the stairs up to the tower. great views from up there,
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beach is almost empty now. Later in the afternoon there may have been a dozen people on it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Porto. Very quiet this time of year except for the tour buses, not many people,
Heart 2 Comment 0
Lots of kiosks for boats to take tourists out but only this one seemed busy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coastline.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tree hugger. That's a big one - eucalyptus!
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Genoese tower in Porto. Everyone walks up these stairs and tries to get inside but he door is locked, then turns around and walks back down. Unfortunately there is no entry to the very top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pat crossing the pedestrian bridge that takes you over to the beach area. Eucalyptus forest is in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looks like fun but no takers today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A closer look at E Tre Signore. Very impressive as the clouds rise,
Heart 3 Comment 0
Our place in Porto. La Golfe. Has a nice ocean view and comfy beds..
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0