Erlabrunn - Karlstadt: And back to Munich - Spring Tour in Bavaria 2010 - Part 2 - CycleBlaze

April 25, 2010

Erlabrunn - Karlstadt: And back to Munich

Another sunny morning, but our last for this trip. We have commitments and must to return to Munich today.

Outside our guesthouse in the morning
Heart 0 Comment 0

Again villages, vineyards, smooth bike paths - we could go on like this forever. Or maybe not? Perhaps a bit, not too much mind you, but a bit of adversity is the salt in the soup? I hope I'm not tempting the gods to give us a generous portion of adversity on our next trip as punishment for not being satisfied when all is well. I think it's the challenge and feeling of discovery and accomplishment I miss when only travelling on these perfect bike paths, as beautiful and tempting as they might be.

A gorgeous day on the Main
Heart 1 Comment 0
Vineyards and lime stone cliffs
Heart 0 Comment 0
And yet another picturesque town on the banks of the Main
Heart 2 Comment 0
In Karlstadt we check the schedule at the train station and hop the next train to Würzburg where we have a good connection to Munich.
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the moment we are looking forward to a longer summer trip where we will work out the route ourselves and have the element of the unknown to spur us on.

But I'm sure, or I hope, we will also be doing plenty more bike-path trips in the future. As a matter of fact, we haven't even reached the end of the Main where it flows into the Rhine. Since we made a point of starting at the river's source, it would only be consistent to ride its full length. Will there be a Spring Tour in Bavaria Part 3?

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0