Bangkok: Thawing out - Touring in Thailand, Cambodia and China - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2008

Bangkok: Thawing out

It was a good feeling to get out of all those layers of clothes that I had been wearing for two weeks and to be able to take a shower without shivering to death.

Bangkok. This is some kind of consumer paradise. We are in the Khaosan area and there is food, Internet, massage, trinkets, clothes, more food, more Internet, .... but we are bereft of our bicycles. Not that I want to cycle in Bangkok but we just needed to thaw out from the cold and get a good night's sleep and we felt like getting on our bikes just once more before our three-month trip was over.

After some brainstorming we hit upon an uncomplicated plan for our remaining two weeks. We will fly to Phuket, which lies to the south of Bangkok on the Andaman coast. Since our bikes are already at the airport we just have to put our backpacks in storage and reactivate the cycling gear. Reunited with our bikes and after a relatively cheap flight (round trip 90 Euros p.P.) I hope we will be doing some scenic cycling to finish up our trip. And if we are still cycling, at least a little bit, we can continue writing our journals and posting pictures.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0