San Sebastian (Argentina) - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

January 30, 2023

San Sebastian (Argentina)

Today was a slow and lazy one that we used to eat up the time until the wind is, hopefully, in our favour.   We arranged to gave breakfast at ten thirty and then hung around in the restaurant at the hosteria until lunch.

Checking out if Chile was quick and easy and then it was an effortless, wind assisted ride to the Argentinian border post thirteen kilometers away. 

The plains on thr northern part of Tierra del Fuego are rather bare but I find them quite attractive (I know most people won't).
Heart 1 Comment 0
Welcome back to Argentina.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once we had checked into Argentina we crossed the street to the well known waiting room that is available for cyclists to use.  Within a few minutes Adrianna,  the cleaning lady who looks after the area, popped in to make sure we were OK and to show us the showers and, importantly,  the light switch - many previous cyclists have complained that the lights stay on all night so it was good to know how to switch them off.  Wifi is available at the ACA restaurant fifty meters away where drinks and snacks can also be bought.  This is a great facility for cyclists on an area where places to spend the night are difficult to find.

Later in the afternoon an Argentinian cyclist heading north,  Juan from Buenos Aires,  arrived and later two more from Buenos Aires also heading north,  Joachim and Fernando.  I suspect we will all try to wake up early tomorrow morning.  In our case to use tge north westerly wind that is predicted and for the others to head into it before it gets too strong and turns to blow more from the west.

Fernando, Joachim and Juan. Leigh is barely visible.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 13 km (8 miles)
Total: 6,303 km (3,914 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0