Who Can See Journals? - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Who Can See Journals?

John Egan

I was not aware that people had to sign up to see CycleBlaze journals. Most of the people following my tour just looked at the Facebook pix and didn't even click the direct link to the day in question.  Am I correct - - do people have to register at CycleBlaze just to see a journal?

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Kathleen JonesTo John Egan

As I understand it, you don’t need to have an account to read the journals, but you do need one in order to like and comment.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Jeff LeeTo John Egan

Journals are visible to everyone - you do not have to have an account, or be signed in to see them.

You do, though, have to be signed in to leave a comment or to click the "heart" icon.

This is the same as CrazyGuyOnABike. At one time you could leave comments in journal guestbooks there without having an account, as I recall, but he turned off the ability to do that.

I do think it would be nice if non-registered users could leave comments, but allowing that would mean dealing with spam.

Jeff

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
John EganTo Jeff Lee

Thanks, y'all.
You know, at my advanced age, all this computer gizmo stuff is complicated.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo John Egan

I have another thought on this.  Is there any chance you’re using a link to your editable page rather than the one for public viewing?  I’ve done that by accident before and no one can view it of course because it’s only accessible to the journal’s owners.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
John EganTo Scott Anderson

I don't think I linked to the edit page.
I tried to always go to the journal itself and then to the new page I saved.
Of course, out on the road it's aways hit and miss and distractions.

I suspect it's just because folks are just quickly zipping thru the Facebook pix.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago