Language question (page 2) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Language question (page 2)

Kathleen JonesTo Halûk Okur

Halûk,

I am also glad that you post here in something other than English. French? German? Ho hum. But Turkish - ha! Now that is something interesting!

I was last in Turkey in 1955 when I was just a few months old. My parents took a slow boat back to the US from Libya. They told me that they went to a market in Izmir, carrying me in a basket, and people wanted to buy me. Not sure how true that is but I like the story. So I have always felt a little connection to Turkey. And now I can read your journals from there. Thank you.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Halûk OkurTo Kathleen Jones

Hi Kathleen,

You made my day, I'm still laughing. You must be a very cute little baby to gather so much admiration. No, it's not common here to trade babies, maybe it was a joke which your parents took too seriously. Hope you can visit Turkey once again.

Anyway, being encouraged to write in my native language really felt good. I'll do the same for my future trips.

Thank you for your comments.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Graham SmithTo Halûk Okur

Hi Haluk, because my wife and I cycle toured in beautiful Turkey many years ago, I especially enjoyed looking through your journals.  Now others have pointed out the translation possibilities I’ll enjoy them even more.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Halûk OkurTo Graham Smith

Thank you Graham,

Glad to hear you've enjoyed touring here and me being able to bring back memories. Feel free to ask if you ever have any questions.

Have a good reading and tailwinds.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago