Thinking of you, BC (page 2) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Thinking of you, BC (page 2)

John SaxbyTo Eva Walters

Thanks, Eva.  Wow, what a nice surprise!! -- maybe there are no coincidences?!

Yes, Greg and Donna and I go back the mid-1980s, when they were co-operants in Mozambique and I was a CUSO staff person in Lusaka and then Harare.  We've stayed in touch over the years since, visiting each other when we can.  I was able to cycle to Nelson in 2016, stay a few days, and catch up with Greg and Donna as well as Marty and Lena.  We were in touch late last year, when Marty died far too young; and again this year on account of the fires.

And yourselves? Are you also in Nelson?

Cheers.  J.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Eva WaltersTo John Saxby

Hi again, John. We live on the north shore of Kootenay Lake near Balfour (the ferry landing), about 30 km from Nelson along Laird Creek. According to Greg, in the late 1990s you visited Nelson and flew with him in a helicopter to the headwaters of Laird Creek when he was working on a mapping project for the West Arm Demonstration forest. Another coincidence!

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
John SaxbyTo Eva Walters

Thanks, Eva.  That flight with Greg was my first (and so far only) time in a helicopter.  No surprise, really, that you know each other.  When we came to Canada in the mid-1950s, we lived in a farming community SE of Peterborough, Ont., and everyone knew (of) every farming family for miles around.

Cheers,  J.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago