Hopes... Dreams... (page 2) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Hopes... Dreams... (page 2)

Leo WoodlandTo Rich Frasier

Where do you live, Rich? We're about midway between Bordeaux and Toulouse. And you?

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Keith KleinTo Emmet Farrell

Hi Emmet,

I just got my second jab today and it came with a certificate which I uploaded to my phone. I imagine that Ireland has something similar, or at least a paper version. It seems that the EU will be requiring these certificates for travel as borders open up which for us in France has started this week with Spain and Italy. So we’ll see you in September, if all goes well.

I’m thinking of either Luxembourg or Lichtenstein as a destination to get my legs reacquainted with cycling, that is if the doctors give me leave to travel.

Cheers,

Keith 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Tricia GrahamTo Emmet Farrell

Perhaps we are dreaming BUT with vaccines complete and a vaccine certificate we intend heading to Germany this August.  German allows free entry to Kiwis their vaccine coverage is rising rapidly so what can go wrong.  The only slight fly in the ointment is that we have to spend 14 days in managed isolation on our return home, however I have secured a place (not easy) so I hope we will fly to Hamburg on the 15th August

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Graham SmithTo Tricia Graham

Tricia that’s an exciting piece of news. With the ‘managed quarantine’ will that be at home, or in a hotel at your own expense?

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Tricia GrahamTo Graham Smith

In New Zealand managed isolation (MIQ) is in a dedicated hotel.  For us who have left the country after August last year it is at our expense.  Getting a spot in MIQ to correspond with a flight is the tricky part - unless you have an appropriate voucher you cant board a plane bound for NZ (that is except if you come from Australia as travel between the two countries is isolation free)

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Tricia Graham

Hooray!  Do you have a general itinerary in mind?  We might be crossing paths somewhere over there.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Rich FrasierTo Leo Woodland

Hi Leo -

We’re in Limoux, about 20km south of Carcassonne.  We’ve passed by you on a couple of tours.  A beautiful area!

Rich

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Emmet FarrellTo Keith Klein

hi Keith,

Getting my second Pfizer jab tomorrow! 

France in the fall, it's going to happen!

Cheers,

Emmet

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Emmet FarrellTo Tricia Graham

hi Tricia,

Maybe by then the mandatory quarantine will be amended? Or if you've vaccinated by then maybe a different rule?

I'm able to work from anywhere so I'm going even if I have to quarantine on return!

Regards

Emmet

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Emmet FarrellTo Leo Woodland

Leo!

Been some time, glad to see you here. I guess the crazy guys stayed put and the crazier ones upped sticks and moved on ;)

Cheers

Emmet

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago