I can see the eyes roll....another newbie question about comments on journal - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

I can see the eyes roll....another newbie question about comments on journal

Rachel and Patrick Hugens

So this was my initial question: How does one respond directly to the person who comments on a journal page? Then I went back to the comments and finally saw, reply to this comment, eyes roll. But then I went back, and there wasn't the option to reply to comment??

But I do wonder, how is someone notified there is a response?

My next question is how does one delete a forum post, because that's what I  would like to do to this post.

Thanks 

Racpat

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

I receive email notifications when someone comments on my forum posts, as well as on my journal pages or photos.  you have to have your email on file and the email response option enabled , which is done on the settings under My CycleBlaze. 

I don’t believe there is an option to delete forum posts or responses, though you can edit them.  I guess you could just remove all the text when you edit it, and people would get the idea.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Scott Anderson

Thanks Scott, I'll check out that email option.

I still haven't figured out when I see "respond to this comment" and when it doesn't appear. It must be how I access the comment??

Racpat

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

I’m not sure I understand the question, but here is the response I received from the comment you just saved.  To respond to it, just click on the link Go to the forum, and it will take you to the comment itself.  Note that this doesn’t work the same way that comments to journal posts and photographs work, in that the text of the comment response is not included in the email.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Gregory GarceauTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

I think the problem is that you are clicking on the "Comments" box at the very bottom of the page.  That's just a list of all comments and you won't be able to respond there.  About 2" above that box you'll see "Comment on this Entry."  Click on the word bubble next to that and you'll be able to reply.   

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Gregory Garceau

Thank you Gregory! I thought I was going crazy.

Racpat

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago