Journal Comments - A happy ride around Australia (second attempt) - CycleBlaze

From A happy ride around Australia (second attempt) by Vince McCarthy

Dave Ertel commented on Day 138: Rest day

Hi Vince - sorry to see you stop but completely get it. Doing it alone while your wife was at home would have been very hard. For sure, my wife and I, travelling as a pair, help each other immensely, with everything.

Meanwhile - if you get the chance, watch ABC iView. Look for the show called "Moving to the Country" episode 4 Top End / NT. I just watched it and it featured a friend of yours. It was a pleasure to watch the show but to honest, you covered it just as well in your blog!
Dave and Nancy (leavewithoutpay.com)

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by Veronica Joiner on Final notes

Thanks heaps Veronica. xox

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by Toby Tester on Final notes

Hi Toby, thank you for your considered comments. I especially appreciate your thoughts on people that shout abuse. It's a different perspective to what I was thinking. It's a compassionate view and I like it. I will try to remember this the next time I cope abuse. Thanks mate.

Veronica Joiner commented on Final notes

Hi Vince,
Glad to hear you made it home so quickly. I really enjoyed reading everything you wrote and the pictures. I showed me places I have not been and places I have in a different light. Your writing keeps the reader interested, Well done. Cant wait for you to go on your next trip.

Veronica Joiner commented on a photo in Final notes

Beautiful Dog. He will be missed.

Toby Tester commented on Final notes

Vince,
I loved the posts and a bit sad that they have come to an end - at least for now. It was your writing style - short, straight to the point sentences, and pictures that was particularly captivating.

I'm pleased the vast majority of people cheered and waved you on the bike. Most people are kind. As in life, you'll also get a few abuses. But life is also hard, and it must have been hard on them to behave that way.
Bless Gomer.

Cheers, Toby

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by Graham Smith on Final notes

Thank you Graham.

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on Final notes

Thank you Bill.

Graham Smith commented on Final notes

Congratulations and well done on a remarkable adventure Vince.
And thanks for writing such an interesting journal. Very inspiring and informative.

Bill Shaneyfelt commented on Final notes

Thanks for the gold star ⭐! I really enjoyed researching and learning while following along. Oz has been a fascinating place, but out of reach for me. Your journal provided me a chance to take a tour even though I can't do it hands-on. Thanks for your diligent posting! I looked forward to my daily dose as you travelled. Keep the cranks turning!

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by tony rock on Day 152: Rest day

Thanks heaps Rochey and Sandra!

Vince McCarthy replied to a comment by Cheryl Ives on Day 152: Rest day

Thank you kindly Cheryl and Lindsay.

tony rock commented on Day 152: Rest day

Great effort vince. Sandra said you’re looking good. Inspiring as always.

Tony and Sandra

Cheryl Ives commented on Day 152: Rest day

Hi Vince, Sorry to see that there will be no more beautiful photos and delightful stories but totally understand your decision. All the very best on your trip home and we look forward to picking up on your journey when it continues. Stay safe, cheers from Lindsay and Cheryl.

Vince McCarthy commented on a photo in Day 152: Rest day

Hi Lionel! I only realised it was you after I had left our chance meeting.

Congratulations on your ride!

Sorry, I'm not on fb.