Headed Home - Crossing the T.....Part One - CycleBlaze

May 10, 2024

Headed Home

To Be Continued

John’s Story

Packed up for the drive home.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The parting of the ways.
Heart 2 Comment 0

I headed southwest towards Oklahoma City with a stop tonight at my daughter’s house outside Joplin, MO. I went a mile off my track in Jefferson City to visit some friends for 45 minutes before continuing. Once in Joplin we drove to Alba, MO to visit the Beard Engine Brewery.

Heart 2 Comment 0
This may well be the absolute last beer of the trip.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Upon close inspection I noted that the brewery’s graphic on their glassware is an octopus riding a penny farthing bicycle. A fitting ending, I thought.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Alba, Missouri. Population 536. Salute! Not many towns this small have a brewery, and it was busy, with live music and a food truck.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Back to the house where I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep. I may be distracted by the forecast that the northern lights may be visible tonight and tomorrow night as far south as southern Missouri and northern Oklahoma. I’m almost certain to sleep through it if it does appear.

To be continued? The plan is to pick up next year where we left off in Moline and ride north to Canada, to finish Crossing the T.


Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rebecca ChimahuskySafe travels home!
Reply to this comment
1 week ago
Nancy GrahamThank you John, and Ed too, for taking me along on your fun and informative tour. I always enjoy your trips, do will be looking forward to Part 2 of Crossing the T.
Reply to this comment
1 week ago