Red Canyon Village, Panguitch, Utah - Across the USA in Stages - Stage 6 - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2022

Red Canyon Village, Panguitch, Utah

Day Off !

After 8 days and 420 miles, we took a day off to rest, relax, and (in my case) to get my stuff back together. Our little cabins at the Red Canyon Village would be our homes for another day.  Some of the guys took the truck and went to Bryce Canyon.  Jack and I stayed behind to do laundry, to simply enjoy a day of rest and not have to go anywhere.  Sometimes, you need that. I'll have to hike Bryce another time.

My cabin and re-organization project.
Heart 0 Comment 0

While the laundry was being done I took everything out of my panniers, organized it, and then repacked them. The project didn't take that long but it made me feel a lot better and finding things will hopefully be easier for the remainder of the trip. The early morning was cold but the sun warmed things up as the day progressed so we were able to sit outside, talk, and have a beer or two.

The guys are relaxing and telling stories on our day off.
Heart 0 Comment 0

At one point while along the side of the cabin, I heard a mooing sound that seemed as though it was right behind me. In back of the cabin was an expansive fenced off range area.  A large black cow was standing next to the fence. We looked at each other for a few seconds. Then, as I reached for my phone, she ambled off.  By the time I was in position for a photo, she was  further away.  A little while later, the whole herd came into the area and they all spent a few hours grazing. When I looked out again, they had all mysteriously disappeared.   

Big black cow that was close to the back of my cabin.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The herd came by, to graze for a while.
Heart 0 Comment 0

There were other people in the little village, mostly in RVs.  They were traveling to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks and then coming back to spend the night. They were all friendly but everyone mostly kept to themselves.  We had a small campfire that evening.  As night fell, it got cold again. There was a potential for a frost by morning.  Our cold weather cycling clothing would be needed again.  This was a good stop for us. We were rested and ready for another day of riding tomorrow.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0