Ride 10 - A Run Downtown - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

February 16, 2024

Ride 10 - A Run Downtown

Today we followed trails that we’ve ridden several times over the last few days.  West on the Julian Wash, northwest on the Aviation Bikeway, north on the Treat Street Bike Blvd, west on University Bike Blvd, and then wind around a bit to land at the Pima Country Historic Courthouse, home of the Loop store.

What more can you say …
Heart 0 Comment 0
Made it to the Visitor’s Center
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pima Country Historic Courthouse
Heart 3 Comment 0
Reflecting pools
Heart 2 Comment 0

Not quite the path we had thought about when we started our last day of riding Tucson for the next few weeks but a good route as we rode with our Iowaian friends one more time.

We did add a quick lunch stop at Freddy’s along the way as it just happened to be on the route but you need to eat somewhere.

We then traveled west a bit more to catch the Santa Cruz Bike Path, followed by the Julian Wash back to our starting point.

theloop … store
Heart 0 Comment 0

As for tomorrow, it’s time to pack up and head east in some fashion.  We thought about heading west but that’s California and California is expensive compared to New Mexico.  Hotel in Palm Springs, around $150 and up, hotel in Los Cruces, $65 and up.  We didn’t get to cycle in El Paso last year so that’s a possibility and we didn’t get to cycle in Albuquerque, so that’s a possibility as well.

We will be back to Tucson to wind up the last few days of this trip but time will tell when that really happens.

Heart 0 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezI watched for your flags today, but didn't see you. Perhaps when you come back to town - you still need to see the Mission. The loop up past the Mission, down into Green Valley, and back through Sahuarita is a nice ride - easiest done starting near the airport.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Larry MitchellFigured you were out there somewhere. Finally settled on heading north tomorrow as there might be a weather window at the Grand Canyon in a few days.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 1,415 miles (2,277 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0