Day 79: Nipigon to Neys Provincial Park - Four Corners of Canada - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2010

Day 79: Nipigon to Neys Provincial Park

It was a great day for cycling. The weather was sunny, clear and warm with a wind from the west to push me along.

I met Lucas on the road today. He is originally from Brazil and worked in Toronto for 2 years and is now moving to Vancouver and heading there by bicycle. He left there 16 days ago, so I must be getting close to home.

There were a couple of long hills today to the west of Rossport. Shortly thereafter, I passed the Rossport Campground of Rainbow Falls Provincial Park. I remember stopping there in 2001. The swimming was great! It was very tempting to repeat my visit, but I decided to push on.

My original plan was to stay at Ney's Lunch and Campground across the street from the provincial park. Basically, it was cheaper with better services. When I arrived at 6:45 PM, the office was closed. They closed early since it was Sunday. Every other day of the week they close at 10:00 PM. So, I went across the strret to Neys Provincial Park ($31.50). It's a nice place, no bugs and right on Lake Superior.

End point:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=48.78681,-86.62521&ll=48.78681,-86.62521&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lucas - originally from Brazil is moving from Toronto to Vancouver.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 167 km (104 miles)
Total: 9,424 km (5,852 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0