Day S9: Into the Beast - Pandemic Purgatory - CycleBlaze

July 30, 2021

Day S9: Into the Beast

The hotel even had a breakfast, how cool is that.  This was the fuel needed to propel me into Guangzhou.

Breakfast of champions
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was going to be a wild ride that's for sure.  The hotel was situated right along the fray of outer Guangzhou.  It seemed the further out of Shenzhen I got the more chaotic the traffic became.    You really need 360 degree vision for riding in this city.  Total chaos.  

There wasn't much of a route, just follow the main road all the way into town.  But due to all the concentration required, those kilometers just flew by.  One guy happened to be riding his e-bike and smiling saying "Look at me, this bike is electric!"  Whatever bro, you're not original.  I gave him a thumbs up and then I passed him.

One of the biggest obstacles for sure were the countless number of such electric scooters going every which way, including the wrong direction.  The food delivery guys were the biggest hazard.  They wouldn't slow down, they would go full speed the wrong way on the road and then beep at me for being in their way!

These guys got nabbed for riding in the vehicle lane. That one scooter appears to be making a U-turn and planning to run for it.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once in the city of course there was going to be another group HIIT class.  Then it was time to bike to the hotel which is a really nice one by the way, and then meet my wife at the airport later.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice coffee stop post-ride and post-workout
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0