Day 84 - Alma to Lower Cape - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2022

Day 84 - Alma to Lower Cape

Heart 0 Comment 0

Rain day!  We got soaked today.  It was in the forecast, and we knew were going to be riding in the rain, so it wasn't a surprise.  Now that it's over, I can say it wasn't very uncomfortable - and it really wasn't.  The hardest part is cleaning up all the gear when we get in.  The B&B we're in tonight has a garage and we were the first guests to arrive, so we got some towels and just changed in there.  I sorted out what needed to be dried upstairs and Kerry cleaned up the bike.  Half an hour in the dryer, and everything is ready to go again tomorrow.  

I had the camera packed away for most of today's ride, so there are only a few pictures.  

We saw this covered bridge on a side road and went down to get a look.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Inside the bridge. There was another covered bridge on the route - a longer, better preserved one - but it was raining too much when we got to it to take pictures. I'm glad we got this one first.
Heart 3 Comment 0

At another break in the rain, we rode past this scenic old barn.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Closer view of the barn
Heart 0 Comment 0

And, a view from Hwy 114 after we climbed up from Alma.  Rain is all around, but it makes a pretty view of the mist in the distance.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 2,722 miles (4,381 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0