Day 133 Buffalo, NY - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2019

Day 133 Buffalo, NY

Homeward bound

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today was the last day of cycling for Two Far 2019.  It was warm and sunny  with a strong tailwind - perfect conditions for a memorable end to our cycling tour.

We had a short ride today from Port Colborne to Buffalo, where we would be met by our friend John with our car.  John used our car on his summer trip to Saratoga and is picking us up for the return trip to Florida.

We left our motel and got on the Friendship Trail in Port Colborne.  We've ridden this trail several times and it is very nice except for the gates at some of the road crossings.  

Getting through this is very challenging on a loaded recumbent tandem.
Heart 3 Comment 0
It was easier to go arround.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The trail is lovely when you're not struggling with the gates.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Another view of the trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were able to maneuver through this one.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We left the trail after the gate above and rode through a couple of lakefront communities.

Lake Erie
Heart 3 Comment 0
Lake Erie
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerVery nice image!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Buffalo skyline
Heart 3 Comment 0
The Peace Bridge to New York
Heart 3 Comment 0

The bicycle/pedestrian lane on the Peace Bridge has been closed for two years for work on the bridge.  The new pathway opened last month.

Safe new lane across the bridge
Heart 3 Comment 0

We arrived in Buffalo and soon John was there.

It's a little bit of work to get this thing loaded.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Our bike joined John's on the Draftmaster hitch and we were on the way back to Florida.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Keith A. SpanglerGuys, congrats on a very cool bicycle tour! It was so enjoyable to follow your travels, especially being a fellow bicycle traveler and a friend of yours! I admire your character and drive to get that distance completed safely and with such class. I mean the daily narratives and images were so educational and entertaining. Oh well, I won't keep you from having time "alone" with each other. Welcome back and drive safely ~ hope to talk to you in the near future! Your Friend and fellow bicycle traveler ~ Keith
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithThank you, Keith. We really do appreciate your taking the time to comment so often. It makes us feel so good to hear from our friends as we travel. I hope we'll be reading about one of your tours soon!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

This is the end of our journal for Two Far 2019.  Thank you all very much for following along with us.  I hope you'll join us next summer for Two Far 2020.

Jeanna and Kerry

Today's ride: 27 miles (43 km)
Total: 4,959 miles (7,981 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 12
Kathleen JonesLovely tour. Thanks for taking us along.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Lou HarminLoved each days readings. Look forward to seeing your faces.

lou
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Rich McKayA job well done...
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Alain AbbateI enjoyed following along with your travels. It seems like you got more than your fair share of rain this summer, but at least you missed Dorian.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
JP CharronBonjour Kerry and Jeanna.

What an amazing accomplishment!
You are returning home with a lot to talk about.
You have seen so many beautiful places and meet many nice people.
You are an inspiration for all the biker lover.
Thanks to take the time to share your experiences.
Hope to get the chance to see you next year.
Have a good fall season in Florida!
Sylvie et Pierre. XXX
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jacques CharronCongratulations Kerry and Jeanna you made it again !
Now you can take it easy and relax for a while...
I bet Kerry will be out Biking in the trails of Hernando as soon as you get home..😀
Have a safe trip going home!
Your journal was a always a treat for the eyes and the heart...
Jenna you must have enough good Biking stories to start writing your book
Take good care and best regards!
Jacques and Lise
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Kathleen JonesThanks, Kathleen, for following along with us.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Jacques CharronThank you Jacques and Lise for being a part of our wonderful summer. We are so happy that we were able to spend some time with you. We'll be waiting to hear about your trip to The Netherlands.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Lou HarminThanks, Lou, for hanging in there with us. You'll be seeing our faces before long.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Rich McKayThanks, Rich. This has been one of our best trips. We appreciate your comments and "being there" as we traveled.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Alain AbbateI'm glad that you enjoyed the journal. In retrospect, the rain doesn't seem very bad. It was a great tour this year. And, missing Dorian is something that you and Vita must be very thankful for!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo JP CharronIt was so good to spend a couple of days with Pierre. I wish you could have made it, too. We will have many great memories of the wonderful people and beautiful places we experienced. I hope we will see you in Florida next year!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago