León - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

May 17, 2022

León

A short day to León from Santibáñez de Valdeiglesias and not much to see along the way.  It is pretty flat and featureless around here.  We have been one day out of the hills, which we cursed while we struggled up them, and we are already thinking of changing our route to find some more.

The younger Polish lady left at the same time as us, also heading for León but she soon disappeared only to reappear after she lost her way.  She had ridden the Camino Portuguese and was off to meet a friend in Bilbao before continuing towards but not necessarily reaching Poland.  

Featureless farmland between Santibáñez de Valdeiglesias and León.
Heart 1 Comment 0
About the only thing of interest that we saw along the way was a pig farm where a sow had farrowed in a furrow.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Rich FrasierNice alliterative turn of phrase, there! I’d give you multiple hearts if I could.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Rich FrasierThanks Rich.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Much of the route was like this.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We have a really nice apartment in León.  Well equipped and close to a good supermarket but a couple of kilometers from the old city.  We plan to catch a bus there tomorrow to do a bit of sight seeing and find a decent non-Spanish restaurant for lunch.  We have had our share of cured pork and potatoes over the past eight weeks and our palates are looking forward to something different.

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 1,859 km (1,154 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0