Day 30 Waubay - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2018

Day 30 Waubay

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Waubay,SD

Zero day

After riding for 13 straight days, it was time for a break day. The forecast for today was also pretty ugly, calling for showers and thunderstorms in the morning and steady rain in the afternoon. 90% chance. So we paid for two nights at the Circle Pines Motel. Our fish fry buddies took off for home this morning. Of course, it didn’t rain a drop all day. Seriously, not until after 7PM. It figures. But we did need a day off, so lounge day it was. We bought a Sunday newspaper at the gas station and perused that throughout the day (I haven’t done that in years) and did the crossword puzzle. We binged on corn chips and salsa, Blue Moon, and Naked and Afraid, did some laundry and pretty much chilled. (Jon said he felt like he was sequestered at a safe house in a Clive Cussler novel.) We walked along the lakeshore in the chill north wind to at least move a little. 😄 Of course we talked to Jon’s dad and wished him a happy Father’s Day. Back on the road tomorrow, I think we go into Minnesota! Woohoo!!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0