We're Ready To Go: But the Calendar Says Wait - Grampies Ride Again! Summer 2015 - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2015

We're Ready To Go: But the Calendar Says Wait

After Florida, we spent two months just licking our wounds. But then we woke up and decided on what amounts to three trips, all starting in July. Then it was panic stations, as we realized we had no tickets or real plans or maps for any of them. It was complicated too. Just with the gear - there was some that was going to Europe only, some for Montreal only, and some for Idaho only, but then there was some that would come on all, or maybe just on two of the excursions.

The bikes are out there, waiting impatiently!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This jumble of bags is actually in order.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Well as of yesterday or so, we have it all sorted out. Our jobjar just says things like "clean out the fridge". And yet, Grampies Grand Adventure (the first to kick off) has a blog that says "13 days until start". 13 days! What can we do for 13 days? That's obvious of course. We'll go cycling.

We don't really need to travel 1000's of km to find beautiful bikeways.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It always seems like this contemplative statue along the bikeway in Saanich should depict the mayor who put the project through. In fact, it represents a local farmer.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I'm kidding a bit, of course. There's no way we would reorg the gear to include a fourth expedition. But today we did grab some spare bikes and spare shorts and head off on local bike trails. It's truly a glorious time of year for it here. The pathways are lined with flowers, the sun is shining on the ocean, and there is ice cream at the end of most trails.

We will just have to put up with it, I guess. 13 days to go!

It's summer here now. The garden is blooming, and strawberries and raspberries are ready. It will be hard to leave, but we know there will also be much beauty (and lots of fruit) ahead.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0