Back to the valley of the sun - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

January 16, 2022

Back to the valley of the sun

Tucson to Mesa, AZ

We were both up early and after breakfast, began the last bit of packing for our move day. It was so cold out that I had on warm gloves and a stocking hat! Boy, I sure hope it's warmer in Mesa.

By 11 we checked out of our site and began the short drive north to the big city. We're both sad to leave Tucson but know that we'll be back in the future. There's so much to do here and lots of places to explore. You really need more than 2 weeks.

It was about 1:30 when we pulled into the Towerpoint RV Resort in Mesa. It's one of many over 55 communities in this valley and we were fortunate to be able to book 2 weeks here. We would have preferred to stay at Lost Dutchman SP or Usery Park but couldn't find any open sites. There won't be any fabulous views here but we will be better situated for getting to dances and hopefully some of the canal bike trails. 

This is quite a large community that's mostly full of what are called "park models" - small modular homes. But they do have a few spots of traveling RV's scattered among the houses.

The guard directed us to our site and gave us our packet of info since the office was closed. They have lots of rules and regulations here. We even have to wear name tags when at the community center! But our neighbors are friendly and have already come over to say hello. 

Don worked on getting Tango hooked up and setting up our site while I spent quite a bit of time putting things out again on the counters and cleaning the floor. 

By 4 we were pooped out and collapsed in our lounge chairs with a well deserved glass of wine as we watched the wild lovebird parrots flit among the palm trees. Don had planned to grill dinner, but we opted for heating up leftovers in the microwave. 

I don't know what we're doing tomorrow, but we're both too tired to even think about it now. 

Goodbye Tucson
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0