What is the next tour? - Racpat Scandinavia and the Baltics 2024 - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2024

What is the next tour?

Planning begins for the next tour

Before one tour ends, it's good to start the planning for the next one.

We returned home October 14, 2023 after cycling Morocco to Holland.  While on that tour, we planned and arranged a month in Pakistan, trekking to Fairy Meadows to see Nanga Parbat, a Trek to Concordia to see K2 and a drive in the Hunza Valley to the China Border. 

We returned to Holland for a 2 week family visit, riding e-bikes to do errands, and a quick train trip for a weekend in Paris. While in Ossendrecht the village church held a book sale.

The church in Ossendrecht has a giant book sale
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Of all the books, only a few are in English. Rachel finds this one...must be a good omen.
Heart 3 Comment 0

So, this was a time when the idea and planning for the next tour starts: Iceland, Faroe Islands, Scandinavia, the Baltic states and back to Holland. Patrick has cycled Scandinavia before, Rachel really wants to go to the North Cape in Norway. We may include some treks in Iceland. All subject to change in plans and route planning in the Schengen countries. And as the research to routes gets serious, we realize that including Iceland is not realistic and already changing where to start the tour. We will save Iceland and Faroe Islands in a future tour.

First though is home and projects. Patrick will build a "tiny house" in our back garden for renting. The dream is that someone rents the tiny house who at times in exchange for a lower rent, takes care of the garden. We hope our friend Kim will continue to be available to house/cat sit.

In spring  we will be tending the garden. A visit from Patrick's sister Linda, and Marco in April has already changed, as Linda has a new job and not able to get the time off. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Then just enjoying being home for awhile.

The exact departure date is uncertain but the aim is late July or early August. Right now seems like a long time away, but then time has a way of creeping up so it is best to start to plan.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Rich FrasierLooking forward to this one!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
George HallYou are likely aware of this, not sure it will be of any help, but just in case you may want to check out this link; https://www.transdinarica.com/ - possibly a bit of their routing might be beneficial for you to know. I'll be interested in following you on this adventure.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo George HallHi George, that looks like a great link for the Balkans and will keep it marked for future reference. Thanks! We love collecting information on routes.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Rachael AndersonSounds like a great itinerary!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago