Day 5 - A short ride and shopping - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2019

Day 5 - A short ride and shopping

The map for today.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The scheduled ride for today was Mt Ventoux but the weather forecast was unfavourable so most everyone opted for one of several short rides.  We did a 44km loop that had one good climb with another lovely descent.  Collectively we were happy not doing Ventoux today because all of our legs are pretty much cooked and need some rest.  This afternoon we went to Malaucène for lunch and some retail therapy in bike shops of course.  We saw the e-Pinarello that Hilary is riding and it costs $10K Cdn without Di2.  Tomorrow there will be more shopping opportunities because the local market is very large and fills the town streets. 

The road sign that depicts Christopher to perfection.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ok which way is it anyway?
Heart 0 Comment 0
There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering the town of Mallon by crossing the bridge over the river Ouvèze.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A lovely vineyard with roses and a typical French farm house.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The climb of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Sisters at the top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hilary passing the 2km marker on the climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hiding in the vineyards.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching home which is up on that hill at the end of the ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Each night we have dinner in this lovely outdoor courtyard. Tonight we dined with some people from California, Connecticut and Indiana.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our menu for tonight. The first 2 dishes are local dishes that have been prepared for centuries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dessert.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 44 km (27 miles)
Total: 243 km (151 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0