St Jean de Monts to St Vincent sur Jard: A much better day - The Tractors between London and Lisbon - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2013

St Jean de Monts to St Vincent sur Jard: A much better day

It is amazing what difference a day can make. Ken says he feels normal again and I believe him as once more he is telling me to keep up, ride in a higher gear etc. After an excellent breakfast we set off in the cool of the morning. This is the part of the day I like riding in best. There are far fewer people around, just runners, fitness cyclists, walkers and dog walkers. All are going about their business with great seriousness. Best of all people haven’t started driving madly around in their cars. This is certainly a very busy beach area and it makes you feel that half of France are here on holidays.

Today was very different from yesterday. Yesterday we went through the Breton Marais which is a low lying marshy area. It is not very attractive and has nasty furry animals that look like giant water rats and live in burrows beside the many water ways. This is an area very popular with fishermen and most of the houses are low lying, made of plaster, painted white and with blue shutters. For a lot of the time today we were along beaches, first wide open beaches then ones with rocky outcrops and interesting looking harbours where boats were being launched. Along the shore of course there were masses of medium rise buildings and camp grounds. We followed the track for most of the time today and although very wiggly at times it wasn’t too bad apart from parts with lots of ups and downs and deepish sand which I find difficult as my tires are narrower that Kens.

I certainly felt pleased after 84km to arrive at this lovely little hotel. It is run by the owners who take a real pride in it. We had a long cool beer to beat the heat when we arrived and I had my favourite Moules for dinner.

Lovely little places to launch boats
Heart 0 Comment 0
He didnt know what it was
Heart 0 Comment 0
The name plate
Heart 0 Comment 0
Very busy
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Off to the beach
Heart 0 Comment 0
lunch time
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 83 km (52 miles)
Total: 1,439 km (894 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0