Day 3: Heading Home - An Old Man in the New Forest - CycleBlaze

May 12, 2013

Day 3: Heading Home

Day 3 as we head home...
(once again, disregard the line heading back up to London...)
Heart 0 Comment 0

Early rise this morning. It had been our intention to stay here until the end of the afternoon, but my company has decided to send me on training to Paris this coming week, and so we changed our train back to London, and thus had to get there by 11:37. Penelope went for a 'ten-minute freshen-up', and of course, when she came back half an hour later, I had packed the tent up and we were about ready to leave. It was with no small degree or sadness that we bade farewell to this idyllic little corner of Hampshire, but we also resolved to return here as often as possible over the coming months and years. On the way up to Brockenhurst station, I was amused to see these little things outside a 'bicycle shop'...

Heart 0 Comment 0

Unlike the débâle on our arrival, getting onto the platform back to London was a piece of cake.

Heart 0 Comment 0

I was impressed to see a converted railway carriage being used for a bicycling holiday company, on the platform across the way..

Heart 0 Comment 0

A very short trip, then, but more than worth it to discover the New Forest. It is a pity that there are so many scumbags who do not think of other people - who don't think of anything outside their tiny little personal sphere, in fact, and who believe that they're the centre of the universe. They spoil it for others, and I personally think that the lack of respect that we see in others, is only going to get worse. Society is fundamentally broken. But that's another debate, for another day. There are, at the moment, no plans for any big trips before A Dutch of Class, but we hope to get quite a few day trips under our belt before July.

Today's ride: 3 miles (5 km)
Total: 37 miles (60 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0