Ancensis: We get to meet Michel and Jeannette - A Miraculous Tour Around France and Germany - CycleBlaze

August 10, 2017

Ancensis: We get to meet Michel and Jeannette

A lot seems to have happened today starting with a good breakfast at the hotel. Michel was there with his scorpion to meet us at 8 and to lead us through the streets of Nantes. It is great to actually meet someone who you have been following for a while. Michel was no disappointment and he had that same nice smile that my cousin Andy has. Jeannette, his wife, is a keep quilter and I was interested to see some of her work. This meant that to start Michel set off with us following through the maze of streets and eventually onto the Loire a Velo. Michel and Jeannette live in St Luce a few kilometres up the Loire.

To say that Jeannette enjoys quilting is an understatement. The house seemed to me like a magnificent quilt show - I do wish that some of my Pokeno friends could have seen some of this magnificent work. And her stash, it seemed as if I was in a well organised quilt shop. Thank you so much for showing it all to me Jeannette.

While we were there my back tyre punctured. My bike has a Nexus internal gear so coping with a back wheel pucture is not very straightforward and it was a miracle that it happened there when we had Michel's help. I have new tyres and as this is the second pucture I have had the quality of the tyres is certainly suspect - tomorrow we will go to a bike shop and replace them for something more durable.

Back to the Loire and the track certainly doesnt disappoint. The signage is absolutely perfect, it certainly is wonderful to be able to cycle along with no concern at all that you are lost. It certainly is well used , although there were a number of cyclists going short distances by the look of the heavily ladden bikes there were many touring cyclists and a lot of them had small children nipping along on their little bikes.

Our hotel was a number of kilometres outside Ancensis on a scary busy road but we have found it and are comfortably settled in. The bike shop is in the opposite direction so we will give it a miss tonight and go there in the morning when it opens and try and fix the tyre problems

Meeting Michel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ken tries out the trike
Heart 0 Comment 0
And he comes back
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fishermen on the Loire
Heart 0 Comment 0
Not a happy sight
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ahouse of beautiful quilts
Heart 0 Comment 0
The stash
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch with Michel and Janette
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Massy Harris Pony
Heart 0 Comment 0
Boules at Ancenis
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 km (32 miles)
Total: 336 km (209 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0