Uno mas por favor - We'll Follow the Sun - CycleBlaze

December 19, 2018

Uno mas por favor

One more please!

Well, you guessed right I bet!  We checked with the place we were staying and unfortunately, they had no room for us this night, but they suggested Hotel Gutierrez, just down the road which was also on the beach.  We went down and found that they indeed, could put us up for one night so the decision was made - hurray!  One more night in this magical place was just right for us!

The morning began with a walk down the beach to check out the Dolphin cafe which was scheduled to be open at 8:30 this morning.  However, as we came there and noted the others also waiting, we thought perhaps we might be dissapointed, which it turns out, we were.  Our friends Bernhardt and Iris and said this was their favourite morning hangout and we were looking forward to checking it out, but alas, I guess we will just have to chalk it up to one more reason to come back - oh darn! Once we knew we wouldn't be eating there, we walked over to the little place we had eaten yesterday and enjoyed more eggs and coffee.  Surprisingly, the caffine has not been an issue for either of us - go figure!  Breakfast done, we wandered back to our old digs to work on the blog until check out time, at which point we loaded up the bikes and rode the whole (maybe) .2 km to our new hotel - what a lot of work!  Well, we did have to lock up the bikes and then lug our panniers up a flight of stairs, so it wasn't all sunshine and roses, let me tell you!  When we first asked about a room, all of the ocean font rooms were taken, but due to a cancellation, we have been installed in a lovely room overlooking the water with a nice deck just off our room that we can enjoy and work from.  Ah well, what we do to keep the blog up! 

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!
Heart 2 Comment 2
Michael ReynoldsOh, I feel so sorry for you. NOT!!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceTo Michael Reynolds😎
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
These cute kids were busy playing marbles as we checked in
Heart 1 Comment 0

We enjoyed a little walk through the town where we toured the town cemetary before coming back into town to enjoy a fruit plate and some fresh watermelon juice at our now favourite breakfast hangout.  We strolled back to our room where we both actually did work for a while before having a lovely afternoon siesta.  

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We decided to have dinner a bit early so that we could catch the sunset, so strolled over to our chosen restaurant at 4:30.  There we enjoyed yet another wonderful meal and caught some great sunset shots before heading back to our room.  We have an early morning wake up call so hopefully will get to sleep early tonight, but as we know from past experiences, we've got about a 50/50 chance of that happening!

Getting the perfect shot as always!
Heart 2 Comment 0
On the left, a lighthouse and on the right? Dunno. Your guess is as good as ours!
Heart 1 Comment 0
No, I didn't buy anything!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Oh man! We meant to go back and buy one of these after dinner! It looked like a crepe like tortilla with Nutella in it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Such great light! Love this time of day! And this guy!
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Adios from beautiful Celestun!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Annie HeppWe have huevo el mexicano in Waco! It's always how I order my eggs 😊
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceTo Annie HeppMmmmmmm! So good!!!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago