Syracuse to Weedsport - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2021

Syracuse to Weedsport

Another pleasant day riding the Trail. The shade and occasional headwind kept us cool. I have no photos but Rose will post hers below. 

Rose's perspective:

What a great stay at the Hampton! Up early to do laundry and grab breakfast.

After syncing up the 3 maps we headed out to the center median to grab the bike path into downtown Syracuse.

A monument in downtown Syracuse.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Surprisingly, downtown wasn't too busy for a weekday.  We did alot of road riding until we made our way to the actual stone dust trail West of Syracuse.

We welcome the change of pace and peacefulness.

Single track Erie Canal Trail. I will take that any day over the road!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some of the trail Kim had already ridden on another trip. I am sure it was a ride down memory lane. We synced up after 11am for lunch. 

Picnic lunch along the trail. The Bubba container keeps the ice cold!
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKim and Rose,
You are never wrong to go with a Hampton Inn. I love their big, poofy pillows, and the free breakfast down in the lobby.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Afterwhile, we made it to our accommodations for the night. Glad to have AC this evening due to the temperatures reaching over 90°.

We finally got caught up on the blog then it was off to sleep!

Today's ride: 28 miles (45 km)
Total: 577 miles (929 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0