Shake down ride - Six weeks on the Great American Rail Trail plus! - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2022

Shake down ride

Making sure all was in order on our bikes and us!

It was a beautiful day so John and I went for a short ride just to be sure all was good with our bikes (which we had taken apart to fit them in our rental SUVs) and with us. We had not ridden in a week and wanted to be sure all was functioning as it should. It was! We rode out the Three Rivers Heritage Trail to where it becomes Great Allegheny Passage trail and back for 8 miles and then a couple of more around the hotel to lunch and a bike shop for spare tubes. My rear tube had a ninety degree bend in the stem and was not likely to last long so Ken and John changed the tube and we headed out to get replacements.

Riding along the Monongahela River on the Three Rivers Heritage Trail. What a beautiful day and beautiful trail!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding back towards Pittsburg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The thing is to spray paint all the concrete you see. It was quite a sight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
See?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pittsburg is a bike friendly city. These bike racks were next to an outdoor cafe where John and I stopped for lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hooking up his bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the cafe they even had this caboose which had been spray painted like everything else!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nancy was walking by and joined us at lunch. She tried her hand at Corn Hole (a bean bag toss).
Heart 0 Comment 0
And after all that we returned to the hotel room to change my rear tire. On these e-bikes that's quite a process and the practice was good!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 10 miles (16 km)
Total: 1,012 miles (1,629 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0