DAY 7 - JEDDORE NS - Atlantic Canada - Counter Clockwise - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2022

DAY 7 - JEDDORE NS

Day 7 -

Today the route starts with a short ferry boat ride Halifax / Woodside Ferry an hopefully some rail trail riding before hitting the roads.  

Heart 2 Comment 0

Left the 4-star and navigated downtown via the boardwalk, reminded me of Baltimore seaport.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

What goes on onboard that....

Well I got a warm welcome - not - at the ferry terminal.  You know my first time right...asked the security guard "how much is it..." (He was on his phone texting).   He didn't even look up $2.50 "....and I don't make change...).  I fixed him I went and got change off bike and played it in front of him and said take what you need.

Other bike commuters helped me the rest of the way.  Be kind people!!!

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

The bridge looks like fun....

Tim Hortons for a quick coffee and snack before hitting two bike trail.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Trails:

Shearwater Flyer & Salt Marsh Trail.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Much happier welcome....

This is why I bicycle traveler - All  of it!  Note: Lawrencetown Beach - is the correct name!

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Here are some images from the trail -i thought the turtle was fake, but he wasn't!

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 6
Bill ShaneyfeltStay back from the bitey end!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
brandon spanglerlook at that buddy!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Tamora StumFemale turtle traveling with Moser....
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerTamora it was sitting right under that sign. Not moving either. I thought they that's cool as a replica....but it moved ....
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo brandon spanglerI think he was checking out my drive train.....
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 3 Comment 0

Trails sometimes end unexpectedly ....

Heart 4 Comment 0

So the alternate in this case was NS 207 E - beautiful low traffic and outstanding scenic views.  Oh, and a Country Store I'm the middle of no where.  Don told me about it.   YES!

Heart 2 Comment 0

Traditional Breakfast with coffee and HONEY!!!

NS 7E presented more traffic than the roads earlier; not terrible, but the kind that keep you from grabbing your water bottle to hydrate!  

Heart 1 Comment 0

Here's a thought from the Road:. "....why don't you do more a day....," is a question I get a lot.   Ummm, my read on that is, everyday you head out you cannot predict the "gems" (right Dan) that me show up.  It could be a sign with a cute slogan or it might be a beach full of surfers that you never expected.   It might be just another interaction that asked you "where are you coming from....". All these happened today so why not enjoy them!   Slow down for the hills and slow for the GEMS.

Heart 3 Comment 1
Daniel SpanglerGot to watch for those gems.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

The last 30 minutes on the road today were challenging with tight roads and traffic; was glad my overnight at the Jeddore Lodge was waiting for me.

Heart 1 Comment 1
Tamora StumCute little Canada house...
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 1 Comment 0

Sorry saw this at the Tim Hortons - a Heavy Rescue Operator on Nova Scotia - cool right.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 316 miles (509 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Tamora StumTake some snacks along the trail. Be safe hubby!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Tamora StumLooks like a great day!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Tamora StumTamora, a perfect ride. Almost to my destination.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago