Now that's more like it - A little French Odyssey - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2023

Now that's more like it

What a difference a day makes. We woke up to a lobster coloured sky and then took paved and packed trails over narrow wooden bridges on our route south to Saint Vincent sûr Jard. And for half of the day at least there was a gorgeous, delicious, accelerating tailwind. After two days of grumbles, the cycling gods were smiling.

Red sky in the morning
Heart 3 Comment 0
The best sight in the cycling universe
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our route was similar to yesterday's, combining quiet roads and scenic trails, and the distance was much the same as well. But it just felt easier. No meltdowns, no hissy fits, just peaceful pedalling to get from A to B. I again managed to power past people on the hills, usually with an apologetic "motor is on" as I rolled past. And the hotel, the Hotel de l'Océan in Saint Vincent sûr Jard has both a swimming pool and a restaurant. Aah.

Tomorrow we get up to do it all over again.

Accommodation: Hotel de l'Océan in St Vincent sûr Jard. As the name implies, it's directly on the sea, with a restaurant and a swimming pool. Both were well used. Bikes in a barn/garage near the complex with the rooms. Very nice.

Pretty bridges on a well maintained trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
I think these are cages for mussels. I could be wrong.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More views
Heart 1 Comment 0
And again
Heart 0 Comment 0
And again
Heart 1 Comment 0
You get the picture?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 274 km (170 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Steve Miller/GrampiesLooks like a really fun day.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago