And We're Off (again) - From Munich to Spain to France - CycleBlaze

April 20, 2024

And We're Off (again)

On our Third European Cycling Adventure

Spring has sprung and now Jill and Dave are heading back to Europe for 2.5 months of cycling adventures. This year we start in Munich as always, work our way south through France and pedal to Girona, Spain where we'll meet up with another couple and join them on a Trek Travel tour of the Costa Brava. This is a first for us, as Jill has always planned our tours and for this particular segment, she has to relinquish control to someone else. It will be fun to learn how she feels about traveling under someone else's aegis.

After Spain, we will work our way up to Paris where we will again meet up with another couple with whom we will watch a bit of the French Open tennis tournament before heading down to the Loire where the four of us will explore the castles, food & wine of this beautiful region of France. 

We'll say goodby to our friends and spend a month wending our way back to Munich. All in all, it will be an 80 day trip and we couldn't be more excited to back on our bikes in Europe.

As usual, Jill will be documenting our adventures and misadventures (riding bikes across the Pyrenees in the spring--what could possibly go wrong!)  in this blog, so be sure to check in periodically and see where in the world Dave & Jill are now, and thanks for following us.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Steve Miller/GrampiesWe are just, regretfully, finishing our current adventure by heading up to Paris for early May and then home. However, now we will be able to travel, if only vicariously, in Europe for a while longer until our return in mid August. Hurrah and have a great trip.
Reply to this comment
4 weeks ago
Jacquie GaudetSpring in the Pyrenees is a great idea! Who knows, we might cross tracks!
Reply to this comment
4 weeks ago
Jeff CheliniSembra fantastico! Buona fortuna.
Reply to this comment
4 weeks ago
Uli HollmannWow, 80 days. Enjoy and take care!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago