Vinh Cuu to Ben Cat - The first step ... South East Asia - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2016

Vinh Cuu to Ben Cat

We had a 70km route plotted on what seemed to be mainly secondary roads to Ben Cat. We started with a banh mi a few hundred meters from our nha nghi, which turned out to be the last time we would eat until we got to Ben Cat.

Initially the road was quiet, passing through farmlands and little villages but it soon became quite busy. By the time we had crossed the river at about twenty kays, it became unpleasant with the road surface deteriorating and heavy trucks filled with cement charging up and down and scattering all before them.

After about ten kilometers of hell we turned away from the river and things quietened down. With about twenty kilomters to go we found ourselves in newly developed towns and industrial parks, very different from what we have experienced in the rest of Vietnam. I wonder to where all the people who used to live there were moved ?

We are spending the night in Rosana Apartment Hotel. The room is fully equiped for self-catering but the hotel also does "by-the-hour" rentals. Interesting.

Rosana Apartment Hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0

With not much to see or do and with me nursing a cold, we are spending the afternoon in our room doing very little. We even ordered a room service meal (first of all Vietnamese pizza which they couldn't provide so we settled for chicken and rice).

Today's ride: 76 km (47 miles)
Total: 3,528 km (2,191 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0