Rolandsberth to Bad Breisig (Rheineck Camping) - Exploring Holland, Germany and Denmark on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2013

Rolandsberth to Bad Breisig (Rheineck Camping)

It was a steaming hot ride to our next campground - ideally situated along the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0

A short day of riding as the heat requires many stops to keep hydrated and seek shade.

The historic city of Andernach was quite interesting. We toured the Cathedral of the Archbishops.

A few days ago, we met at a cafe who had told us to be sure to stop at Bad Breisig and enjoy its historic charm and visit the Roman Thermal baths. We visited the baths and decided that we should find some camping and spend a few hours here. What a treat - we enjoyed the several mineral baths -indoor and outdoor, lovely landscaped grounds, steam room, etc.

The Thermal Roman baths in Bad Breisig were a welcome oasis for us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We really enjoyed swimming and relaxing in these pools. The fountain in the background provided a wonderful massage for our tired legs.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Rheineck Camping is a Bike and Bett campground, set a few km. inland along the Rheineck River. It provided a small tenting place, with a covered eating area for cyclists. By the evening, we were joined by about 10 other cyclists.

Rheineck Camping near Bad Breisig. A Bike and Bett campground with thoughtful amenities for cyclists.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are excited to see this cycle route map which shows the Rhine, the Lahn and the Moselle - our destinations.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 km (22 miles)
Total: 673 km (418 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0