Help for the Big Climb - Wobbling Over the Alps - Tandem Tour - September 2022 - CycleBlaze

August 24, 2022

Help for the Big Climb

We're a few days from leaving home, and the subject of the climb from Martina to Nauders has been a hot topic of discussion.  Despite a program of intensive (haha) climbing, one of the team was still feeling a little worried about that 6km of 6%.

Finally, I succumbed to the pressure.  A quick check of Google maps found a taxi service in Prutz.  Using their contact form (in English), I was able to quickly get some help.  For the small sum of 50 euros, they will transport our bags from Prutz up to Nauders, leaving us to ride just the bike.  The level of pre-trip anxiety immediately dropped back to tolerable levels.  Problem solved!

So here's a shout-out to West.Taxi GMBH & Co for a quick, cheerful response.  It could not have been easier!

All systems are "go" for the trip - we leave on Monday!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Suzanne Gibson I know what you mean by pre-trip anxiety. Glad you found that good solution for the climb.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesThe roads up the passes tend to be narrow and winding. It is difficult enough on an unloaded bike, but doable. We would also be leery of riding fully packed. Good call to send the gear ahead.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonGreat idea about having you bags sent ahead! I look forward to the start of your trip!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithOne member of Team Two Far also suffers from hill-climbing anxiety. I can lose sleep over it the night before. Excellent solution! We'll look forward to following you over the Alps. Safe travels.
Jeanna
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Susan CarpenterNow you're cookin' with gas - Great plan! Excited to follow along.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago