To Birch Lake S.R.S.: Back to Richardson Highway - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

July 22, 2007

To Birch Lake S.R.S.: Back to Richardson Highway

We ride back on the bike trail and back to the Richardson Highway. 

It's Sunday morning and we pass by many Churches, often buildings that resemble warehouses with their boxy shape and sheet metal cladding. We take a break at a gas station for some coffee and a sandwich, sometime later at the Lazy Moose RV park for some good ice cream. Rachel gets a free cone with our "milepost" add. It's warm and humid today. Most of the ride is in full sun, even though a thunderstorm builds in the afternoon.

Our goal is a State Recreation area at Birch Lake which is very crowded on this nice weekend. All parking sites are taken, the lake is full of boaters. Interesting crowd, quite a few people are missing teeth. The nicer tent spots along the lake are also taken by day trippers, but here still are a few available near the caretakers cabin.

We dry out our gear, pitch the tent and Patrick goes for a swim. The lake water is not all that cold. Thunderstorms keep threatening, it starts to rain a bit as Rachel fixes our dinner. We have Macaroni and Cheese with a stir fry of carrots, onion, corn and chunks of chicken from a pouch. Nice!

It gets dry long enough for us to eat and clean up. We are in the tent and hear just about everybody leave.

He is walking sections
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 75 km (47 miles)
Total: 10,904 km (6,771 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0