Tunnel Time - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

July 26, 2021

Tunnel Time

Toogoolawah to Harlin

One of the benefits of being not quite retired is that we don't have to be anywhere at any particular time. We realised the benefits of this when we found out that the forecast for Sunday involved words like 'gale-force' and 'head wind'.

We didn't have to be anywhere, so we buckled down at the Toogoolawah Showgrounds and didn't go anywhere.

Good morning!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Monday had a deadline: a meeting for me at 3:15 and a day of work in Harlin on Tuesday, but before I take you on Monday's ride let me introduce you to Vince and Helen.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Vince and Helen invited us for tea and toast two mornings in a row! Not only did they invite us but they put out a table with a tablecloth to let us know that it was a serious invitation. Vince is a bicycler, kayaker, surfer, and walker and we had a great time chatting with him and Helen. 

This is Rock. Rock travels with Vince and Helen. Rock can't walk very far so V&H have bought a trolley so he can accompany them on their hikes. Rock is not yet convinced that this is a good idea.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Stuffed full of tea and toast, we didn't roll out of Toogooolawah until 1100, which suggests that our not-working skills are improving.

Twas a beautiful day for a bike ride.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The Yimbun Tunnel provided our excitement for the day.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
An information board and a picnic rock at the mouth of a tunnel. What more could you want?
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was all downhill from there (literally) to the hamlet of Harlin, where we are booked into the only hotel/motel, an experience which promises to be an adventure all of itself.

It's all a lie, truly. Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth. Please say hello
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cow of the day. With bonus bird.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 18 km (11 miles)
Total: 279 km (173 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0