What’s this now? - Around Denmark with Kevin - CycleBlaze

What’s this now?

An Introduction

Hello! Welcome to our latest adventure! We are Chris (me, the author of these words), Dea (my considerably better half), and Kevin (the little one screaming in the back). A brief recap - I used to cycle around the world by myself for many years, then I met Dea in Mongolia and we cycled around the world together for many years. Then in 2020 we decided to settle down in Dea’s home country of Denmark and start a family. Enter Kevin, the real star of this show.

Already into cycling! (We’re trying not to focus too much on that one of his first words is car, or that he loves pointing at cars, and playing with toy cars).
Heart 10 Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat a great photo!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

Last summer we took Kevin on his first big bike trip with us when he was just four months old. We cycled together from Denmark to Belgium in an adventure that could only fairly be described as brilliant. Since then there was quite a long cold Scandinavian winter to get through, but now summer is here and it’s only raining a bit, and we’ve decided it’s time to hit the road again. This time we won’t be going quite so far from home. Dea has a large family and every few years all her father’s side decide to get together and have a big camp together and do fun things and have a good time together. Her mother’s side does it every year. These two big family camps will be happening at different periods during July with just enough time to cycle between them and link them up with a loop around Denmark. Or maybe there won’t be enough time in which case we’ll just take trains if we have to. We aren’t the kind of people to worry about cycling every inch of the way. 

Making sure Kevin still fits in the trailer. He’s a big 16-month-old.
Heart 8 Comment 0

We will be setting off on the 4th of July with some friends of ours, Marie and Lukas and their little daughter Anna, who will by cycling with us for the first three days. It promises to be a lot of fun. I will do my best to keep up a daily blog of our adventures, so feel free to follow along.

This time he’s also got a seat!
Heart 8 Comment 0



Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonI very glad you’re taking another trip with Kevin!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago