Preflight tasks in Málaga - Escaping the Rain--In Spain - CycleBlaze

December 6, 2021

Preflight tasks in Málaga

We arrived in Málaga a day early so we could get our Covid tests done (a PCR test done within 72 hours of arriving in Canada is required) and pack our bikes. The first leg of our flight home leaves at 0600 tomorrow and we had appointments for our tests mid-day at the airport, the most convenient location to our hotel. 

We cycled out to the airport since it’s not that far and public transportation between this hotel and the airport isn’t great. We’ll save our taxi money for tomorrow.

We allowed lots of time and, as it turned out, the trip took just about what RWGPS predicted. Once there, it wasn’t that hard to find the testing station.  We were an hour and a half early!  Could we get our tests done early? Yes.  (And we just received our results as I write this. Negative!)

The ride to the airport was relatively straightforward, with not a lot of it on a highway.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting back was a different story. It seemed a lot more convoluted than the track looks, but it was half again as long as our outbound route. We had hoped to follow our track backward but that didn’t work, so there was some navigating on the fly.
Heart 0 Comment 0

 Bikes are now packed.  We just need to set an alarm to be ready for our taxi at 0330.

Today's ride: 25 km (16 miles)
Total: 1,487 km (923 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0